Apply for Help
Are you experiencing homelessness with children? Are you interested in pursuing an education?
Applications due July 21st
Applications for our 2023 cohort are now open and are due July 21st. Answers to frequently asked questions and the application process can be found below. Please contact us with any questions.
Saranam provides 2 years of:
- full-time education
- furnished apartments
- supportive community
- living supplies
- rent-free housing
- intensive case management
- weekly cash allowance
- children's life skills, tutoring, and fun!
A sample day at Saranam:
- Get ready and drop kids off at school
- Attend classes either at Saranam or at a local college
- Participate in life skills classes or get tutoring
- Attend case management
- Attend a community event at the Weil Family Center (2-3 times per week)
- Cook dinner, do bedtime routine, and get rest for another day!
I never thought I could do well in school. The teachers here showed me and taught me that I could.
My children and I are together again.
We have a safe community and I found real friends.
I've remained vigilant and responsible about my mental health and sobriety.
I learned lots of life skills, especially how to live on my own and be independent. I learned how to navigate school so I can continue.
I learned how to utilize resources, keep a house clean, how to be responsible and reliable. I've become a leader and a mentor.
Saranam built my confidence. And my son has built his confidence in me because of what I've done here.
The process and timeline for our 2023 application process is as follows:
- June 1: Applications open
- Family reviews information about program, fills out application and secures required referrals
- July 21: Applications due
- Application materials returned to Saranam either in person or by mail or email from referring agency.
- Staff review: Applicant will be contacted to confirm receipt of application.
- Background checks
- For the safety of all families, staff and volunteers in the program, we screen out major violent and/or sex offenders, as well as recent drug offenders
- August 7-10: Interviews
- Families interview with both Saranam staff and current families
- August 11: Notification
- Families accepted into the program are notified
- August 15: Move in day
- Families move into their apartments
- August 21: Classes begin