Collect items, make a meal, share your talents – there are many ways to make a difference at Saranam.
Want to get involved at Saranam? There are many ways to help teach, encourage, and connect with our families.
See our current opportunities in our bimonthly newsletter, or check out the full list below!
Ready to connect?
Fill out a volunteer application and email it to Sunny Holmes, or you may send it in the mail to our office at 1028 Eubank NE, Suite F, Albuquerque, NM 87112.
General volunteer activities
Sort donations in our warehouse
Donate furniture or other household items
Give your time at special events including family field trips, reunions, and family activities
Join a committee to support the planning and implementation of projects and events
Join our board as a member
- Property Maintenance– Keep our campus looking clean and beautiful! Help with yardwork tasks, small building and painting projects, and playground upkeep
- Warehouse organizing- Help us maintain the functionality of our warehouse
- Decorate apartments– During the summer, help prepare apartments for incoming families
- Collect household supplies –Every month we provide families with essential household items including diapers, soap, and cleaning supplies. Help us fulfill their needs.
- Help with Family Nights– Work with families during evening activities. Jobs include helping teach life skills, facilitating family fun activities, and assisting in our library
- Join Storytime– Help kids explore the joy of reading in weekly reading circles and library time.
- Sponsor a fun night! –Can you make some groovy arts and crafts? Does science rock your world? Come share your talent during our weekly community meetings!
- Tutor adults– Bring your expertise to help our adults with their GED prep and college courses.
- Share your skills – Do you have a passion on a life skills topic you can share? Help us create a virtual library of knowledge by recording a 3–5-minute video showcasing a skill. Popular topics include: household hacks, gardening tips, and car care and maintenance.
- Write encouraging messages– Brighten our families’ days with uplifting notes and messages. We’ll post them in our online classes and in emails
- Share a meal– Our families love a good meal from the heart. Make or buy meals, treats, or other grocery items and we will distribute them to families
- Order Family Supplies -Contact us for our current needs and delivery instructions.
In order to ensure the safety of our families, it is imperative that we perform background checks on all volunteers who work regularly with them.
This background check is paid for by Saranam but if you wish to offset this cost, we welcome your donation.
COVID Safety Measures
- All staff, families and volunteers over the age of 12 must be vaccinated
- All surfaces in common areas will be cleaned regularly
- Anyone exposed to COVID or feeling unwell should avoid visiting the campus until a negative test result is obtained
We appreciate your adherence to these procedures and thank you for helping us promote wellness in our community. If you have any questions, please contact our office.